As our bodies age, they inevitably break down. In fact, bodily degradation is experienced at the most basic, cellular level, something that can cause wide-ranging effects for how we act and feel. Through a medically managed peptide program, you can help to restore full functionality to your cells and avoid some of the most undesirable aspects of the aging process. We are pleased to offer a fully, medically managed peptide program at LongevityMed in Raleigh, NC.
To discover whether peptides might be the best way for you to regain your youthful vigor, we invite you to contact us directly. In the meantime, let’s take a closer look at how peptides work.
About Our Medically Managed Peptide Program
Peptides are short chains of amino acids that have been linked together. Acting as tiny proteins, peptides tell other molecules and bodily cells how to operate. More than 7,000 peptides naturally exist in the body, and when they’re working properly, they essentially “boss around” the other cells.
Through a medically managed peptide program, we carefully choose and administer just the right peptides to restore your cells and your body to robust health and functionality. We can specifically choose peptides that will help repair and restore degraded cells and treat different illnesses and conditions.
What’s Treated with a Medically Managed Peptide Program
Each peptide has its own unique impact; thus, when peptides are clinically sourced and selected, they can be useful in the treatment of many different health concerns. For example, some peptides can trigger the production of human growth hormones. These peptides may prove useful in treating people with chronic inflammation, or in reversing some of the harmful effects of aging.
Other peptides can be useful for medical weight loss. There are some peptides that actually encourage the death of excess fat cells, meaning they can provide meaningful treatment for those dealing with obesity. Some peptides can be helpful for preventing cancer, increasing sexual vitality, and more.
One peptide, in particular, that has increased in popularity is Semaglutide; a Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) hormone that your gut produces that enhances insulin production and reduces glucagon secretion, leading to lower blood sugar levels. Semaglutide can also help reduce your apetite by making you feel fuller and slowing down how fast your stomach empties, making it an effective medication for the treatment of type 2 diabetes and obesity. In June 2021, doctors approved Semaglutide to help people who are overweight or obese with weight-related health problems effectively lose weight. L-Carnitine is an amino acid that helps your body use fat as fuel by moving fatty acids into the cells that burn energy. People have started to use Semaglutide (more popularly known under the brand name Ozempic) as a weight-loss supplement to help burn more fat and, ultimately, give them more energy.
Here are some of the common benefits found in Semaglutide and L-Carnitine:
- It can help you eat less by reducing your appetite and slowing down digestion in your stomach. This can lead to weight loss and a decrease in body fat percentage.
- It can help lower blood sugar levels and improve heart health in people with type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- It can help your body burn more fat by transporting fatty acids to the cells that burn energy. This can lead to weight loss and more energy.
- It can help support energy levels by helping your body use fat as fuel.
While there can be side effects associated with taking this medication, it has been shown to be effective in helping individuals reach their weight-loss goals. Doctors recommend starting at a lower dosage and then slowly increasing to a higher dose across a 17-week escalation series, in order to ensure the best and safest experience.
Why Choose Our Medically Managed Peptide Program?
Is the medically managed peptide program the best option for you? When you visit LongevityMed for a complimentary consultation, we can help you determine the right course of action, whether it’s this, HRT, or something else.
Generally, we find that the peptide program can produce remarkable results for men and women in the following categories:
- Those seeking healing and recovery from different injuries, including chronic joint pain, muscle tears, and sprains.
- Those seeking restoration from lost or damaged cartilage.
- Those who wish to increase their skin pigmentation and avoid skin cancer.
- Those who are obese or who struggle with weight management and wish for a healthy and clinically-backed solution.
- Those who wish to strengthen their muscles, including their heart, and manage their risk for hereditary diseases.
- Those looking for a healthy way to boost their muscle mass.
- Those who have experienced a decrease in sexual health and libido, and who wish to once again enjoy robust sexual vitality.
- Those seeking holistic cognitive enhancements, including improved memory and stress management.
Through medically managed peptides, you can reverse some of the ravages your body has endured, and once again feel like your most vital, energetic self.
Regain Vitality Through Medically Managed Peptides
Our medically managed peptide program can help you achieve anti-aging results that you previously thought impossible. Whether you’re looking to become physically stronger, more mentally acute, or simply fit and trim, peptides can provide a sensible solution. The first step is to meet with us in our Raleigh, NC office for a consultation. Nothing we do is cookie-cutter, and we’ll want to spend some time hearing your concerns and developing a medically managed peptide program that’s just right for you. To schedule a free consultation with LongevityMed, contact us today and ask to learn more about peptides.